DATA SCIENCE TRAINING IN LAGOS NIGERIA
DATA SCIENCE COURSE OVERVIEW
Data science is the study of data. It involves developing methods for recording, storing, and analyzing data to effectively extract useful information. Data science aims at helping businesses gain insights and knowledge from any type of data - both structured and unstructured data to make predictions and valuable business decisions.
MACHINE LEARNING WITHOUT WRITING CODE
- If you are interested in learning how to create machine learning models without writing code, we have a section dedicated to using Microsoft Azure to analyze data and create machine learning models WITHOUT programming.
- Machine learning Categorization
- Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Overview
- Data classification
- Data Upload
- Features selection
- Splitting Data
- Choosing the right algorithm
- Training model
- Evaluating model
- Case Study
PYTHON FOR DATA SCIENCE
Why we use Python for Data Science?
Python provides a more general approach to data science. Python is better for data
manipulation and repeated tasks. Python is a general-use high-level programming
language that bills itself as powerful, fast, friendly, open, and easy to learn.
- Having a background in mathematics and statistics will be helpful but can be picked up.
- Having an interest in research, performing monotonous tasks, and persistence being persistence is a necessary attribute to excelling in data science.
The course is aimed at helping participants to have
- Practical data analysis skills that can be applied to practical problems.
- Fundamental knowledge of concepts underlying data science projects and processes.
- Practical skills that are needed in modern-day data analytics.
- Hands-on experience with real-world data analysis.
- Applied experience with data science software, programming, applications, and processes
DATA ANALYSIS OUTLINE
Introduction to data science
- Data Science Overview
- Careers in Data Science
- Real-world application of data Science
Data collection and Data wrangling
- Sources of data
- Data preparation and Pruning
- Data exploration
Python for data science
- Setting up the programming environment
- Understanding the tools and libraries
- Variables, Keywords, and Datatypes
- Standard Input and Output
- Data Structures
- Control Flow
- If, else, elif statements
- Control Statements
- Hands-on exercises
Mathematical Computing with Python (numpy)
- Numpy Introduction (ndarray)
- Numerical operations on Numpy
- Numpy Overview
- Basic operations
- Accessing elements
Data Manipulation with Pandas
- Understanding Series
- Understanding DataFrame
- View and Select Data
- Missing Values
- Data Operations
- Indexing, Selection and Filtering
- Dropping entries from an axis
Data Visualization (Matplotlib, Seaborn)
- Introduction to Matpotlib
- Colors, Markers, and line styles
- Customization of Matplotlib
- Plotting (Barplots, Histograms plots)
Introduction to Seaborn
- Plotting with Categorical Data
- Visualizing Linear Relationships
Introduction to Statistics
Introduction to Probability
Introduction to Hypothesis Testing
MACHINE LEARNING COURSE OUTLINE
- What is Machine Learning?
- Applications of Machine Learning
- Types of Machine Learning algorithm
- Linear Regression
- Polynomial Regression
- Logistic Regression
- Support Vector Machines (SVMs)
Introduction to Deep Learning
Introduction to Natural Language Processing (NLP)
Introduction to Artificial Neural Networks
Introduction to Big Data
Data Visualization with Google Data Studio
Certificate of completion
BENEFITS OF LEARNING DATA SCIENCE
The various benefits of Data Science are as follows:
1. Data Science is greatly in demand.
Prospective job seekers have numerous opportunities. It is the fastest-growing job on Linkedin and is predicted to create 11.5 million jobs by 2026. This makes Data Science a highly employable job sector.
2. Abundance of Positions
There are very few people who have the required skill-set to become a complete Data Scientist. This makes Data Science less saturated as compared with other IT sectors. Therefore, Data Science is a vastly abundant field and has a lot of opportunities. The field of Data Science is high in demand but low in supply of Data Scientists.
3. A Highly Paid Career
Data Science is one of the most highly paid jobs. According to Glassdoor, Data scientists make an average of $116,100 per year. This makes Data Science a highly lucrative career option.
4. Data Science is Versatile
There are numerous applications of Data Science. It is widely used in health-care, banking, consultancy services, and e-commerce industries. Data Science is a very versatile field. Therefore, you will have the opportunity to work in various fields.
5. Data Science Makes Data Better
Companies require skilled Data Scientists to process and analyze their data. They not only analyze the data but also improve its quality. Therefore, Data Science deals with enriching data and making it better for their company.
6. Data Scientists are Highly Prestigious
Data Scientists allow companies to make smarter business decisions. Companies rely on Data Scientists and use their expertise to provide better results to their clients. This gives Data Scientists an important position in the company.
7. No More Boring Tasks
Data Science has helped various industries to automate redundant tasks. Companies are using historical data to train machines in order to perform repetitive tasks. This has simplified the arduous jobs undertaken by humans before.
8. Data Science Makes Products Smarter
Data Science involves the usage of Machine Learning which has enabled industries to create better products tailored specifically for customer experiences. For example, Recommendation Systems used by e-commerce websites provide personalized insights to users based on their historical purchases. This has enabled computers to understand human behaviour and make data-driven decisions.
9. Data Science can Save Lives
Healthcare sector has been greatly improved because of Data Science. With the advent of machine learning, it has been made easier to detect early-stage tumours. Also, many other health-care industries are using Data Science to help their clients.
10. Data Science Can Make You A Better Person
Data Science will not only give you a great career but will also help you in personal growth. You will be able to have a problem-solving attitude. Since many Data Science roles bridge IT and Management, you will be able to enjoy the best of both worlds.
24 weeks (Saturdays)
8 weeks (Weekdays)
Time: 10am to 1pm
Venue: Tech365, Nikky Africana, 1st Floor, 70c, Allen Avenue, Opp UBA, First Bank Bus Stop, Allen, Ikeja
Machine Learning without coding only = N150,000 (3 days)
Data Analysis with python = N150,000
Data Science (Full Course) = N300,000